Monday, August 1, 2011

Time to Update the Kitchen



We bought our house about fifteen years ago and at the time it was definitely what most people would call a "fixer upper". In fact, our real estate agent kept trying to talk us out of buying the house and just succumbed to stunned silence as we continued to move forward with the purchase. She didn't see what we saw...potential! To my wife and I it was a project that just fired us up. Back to the kitchen.

At the time we purchased the house, we updated and remodeled from top to bottom, including all new appliances in the kitchen. Now, fifteen years later one by one it's once again time to update. At the top of my list is a new stove because I'm the cook in the family and I've been itching for new top-of-line model with all the bells and whistles.

I began shopping online last week to see what is out there. (If the truth be told ever time I go into Sears or Lowes I look and see what's new.) Now, however, it's time to get serious. I thought I'd share with you what I find as I go along and maybe give you some ideas if you're looking. favorites as I go along in case you're looking too.

Yesterday I stumbled across this little gem: Whirlpool Stainless Steel 30" Smooth-top Self Cleaning F/S Electric Range, model # YWFE381LVS.  I'm not sure what I like best about it, the rapid boil element, the convection cooking system or the fact that it's stainless steel and black and fits perfectly into my dream kitchen. So for today, this particular range is on the top of my shopping list. I'll keep you posted.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

eHow Articles


How to Videos & Articles: eHow.com