Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Add Style and Organization to Your Home Office

Home Office Inspiration traditional home office
If the organizing bug didn’t bite you hard enough at the first of the year to get you moving, it’s sure to do so as longer days turn into the warmth of spring and abundant sunshine makes the dust more visible on your furniture. Spring is always my final reminder that hibernation time is over and it’s time to get things under control!

One of the biggest challenges I face when it comes to getting organized is my home office and the myriad of papers, notes, photos, coupons, business cards that just seem to pile up everywhere.  I am a very visual person and I have discovered how incredibly helpful bulletin boards can be in keeping me focused and on task.

I, like most people, have used a variety of cork bulletin boards over the years.  For a long time I just tacked things up on it when I didn’t know where else to put them but wasn’t ready to throw them away. But once a friend and business coach suggested that I place the bulletin board in front of me, instead of to my side, I discovered a whole new world of organization.  I began putting reminder notes and important bits of information there because I could see them.

The wonderful thing about bulletin boards these days is that we’re not just stuck with the cork board variety anymore, although I still like using one in my work shop. You have other, more visually attractive options that actually add to the overall look of a room. Prior to beginning my office organization project I put a fresh coat of paint on the walls and replaced my old bulletin board with one from a selection of fabric bulletin boards I found on line. It instantly warmed up the look of the room but still does the job of keeping me organized. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter

eHow Articles


How to Videos & Articles: eHow.com